State Department of Family and Children Services

If you need a state service but don’t know which state agency or person to call for help, dial 1-800-georgia (1-800-436-7442) for immediate assistance.
Agents are on duty Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-6:00 pm (closed on state holidays).  

United Way Atlanta 211

211 is a nationally reserved phone number, a kind of 911 for social service emergencies.  In areas served by a “211”, dialing that number goes to a 211 call center.  South Central GA no longer has a 211; however, calls are taken by the Atlanta 211.

Call center agents are trained to “dig out” the problem that usually lies beneath the presenting problem.  To reach Atlanta 211 from South Georgia, call: (404) 614-1000.

Medication Assistance Programs